Jan 15, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Yes, due to popular demand (one guy threw a brick through our window), Out of Bounds will now also be publishing on weekends. I’ll be around occasionally then, but the great bulk of the Saturday and Sunday posting will be handled by Weed Against Speed, a blogger with a heart that’s brave and true. Also he’s the only candidate who passed the drug test. So let’s give him a big warm Slanket-like welcome, and let him explain himself.
By Weed Against Speed
Hello, I’m blogger Weed Against Speed. You might remember me from such sports blog weekend editing atrocities as With Leather and Deadspin, my current blog Sportress of Blogitude, as well as such self-help videos as Smoke Yourself Thin and Get Confident, Stupid. I’m here today to introduce myself to all of you wonderful and good-looking Out of Bounds readers before I try to avoid burning this blog to the ground this weekend, and hopefully, many weekends to come. I’m pretty sure you can’t actually burn a website down, but you know what I meant. I’m also pretty confident that utilizing played out Troy McClure references may not be the best way to ingratiate yourself to a bunch of new readers. But I digress.
I am honored and humbled by the fact that your esteemed editor, Rick Chandler, has chosen me to run the show on the weekend shift. He and I go way back to a time long ago when I was a neophyte commenter on various sports blogs and he was a highly regarded, womanizing playboy blogger. Not much has changed — especially in Rick’s case.
So please do stop by this weekend and say hello. I promise to do my very best to entertain and enlighten. Or alternatively, fill up this space with nonsensical rantings about how the Vikings got jacked on Sunday by the refs. In any event, a grand time will be had by one and all.
See you tomorrow.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming