Jan 14, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Every weekday, or at least every weekday in which we can find more than one, we’ll present the day’s best in little noted sports video gems. Please feel free to riff with your own dialogue. Who is Stubby Clapp, you ask? Sir, you wound me.
Video: They are Merely Dancing Robots, In Need of St. Louis Blues Tickets. Last night around 5 p.m., two
bored kids robots from the future danced their Bender-asses off for about an hour at the corner of Delmar Boulevard and Westgate Avenue, busking for money so they could ostensibly attend that night’s St. Louis Blues game. [Riverfront Times]
More videos following the jump.
* High School highlights from NBA stars mix. [Unathletic]
* Sometimes You Forget: Grandma Ma. Today there was news of a former UNLV player auctioning their 1990 Championship ring on Ebay. The player has yet to be named, and it is doubtful that it is Larry Johnson but the mention of his name brought back a lot of memories for someone who grew up in Charlotte. I can still smell the aroma of nachos and popcorn in the Charlotte Coliseum. [Amphibious Sports Duo]
* Cris Collinsworth NASCAR Fail. Once a Cincinnati Bungle, always a Cincinnati Bungle. [All Left Turns]
* Sneijder! Sneijder! We’ve seen the insanity of Milanese commentators before, but during Inter’s improbably 4-3 come from behind win over Siena on Saturday, this guy not only reminded us of that fantastic tradition, but reset the standard for psychotic commentating, then wrapped it an Inter scarf and humped the bejesus out of it. I honestly don’t know how he kept up that level of excitement as long as he did without having an aneurysm and puking up blood. [Dirty Tackle]
Contact Stubby Clapp at RickChand@Gmail.com.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found