Jan 13, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Not sure if Wes Welker is still on crutches, but in case he is, I can think of no better nurse than Anna Burns. If you’re going to have a girlfriend around to fetch various items and fluff up your pillow (cough), why not have her be the 2005 winner of Miss Hooters International? The Boston Globe photographed the two together at Radius Restaurant in Boston, where Welker met with executives from Liberty Bay Credit Union in connection with his foundation that helps at-risk kids. Burns was also Welker’s guest at the Patriots-Ravens game. As Wayne and Garth would say, “Excellent!”
And you didn’t think I’d mention a Miss Hooters International and just let it go with a mug shot, did you?
A day after the Pats’ pitiful playoff exit, sidelined receiver Wes Welker was at Radius to meet with execs from Liberty Bay Credit Union. (The suits have been big supporters of Welker’s 83 Foundation, which helps at-risk kids.) Though hobbled by his knee injury, Welker happily posed for a few pics and spoke briefly.
Barstool Sports has a rather impressive Anna Burns photo gallery today, which you’ll have to go and find on your own because it’s a bit too not-safe-for-worky for me to link to. The Big Lead also has some photos.
Despite injury, Welker still goes the extra yard [Boston Globe]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy