Jan 12, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
Today’s Important Question: Can two crazy kids from the heart of Texas make it in this mixed up world? Colt McCoy is off the market, ladies … he proposed to girlfriend Rachel Glandorf on Monday night, and she accepted (pending a physical). The proposal occurred in the way that every young girl dreams it will: At Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, on the giant replay screen. I’m sure that breaks at least six NCAA rules, and Mack Brown will be summarily dismissed. But it was all worth it.
The former Longhorns quarterback brought girlfriend Rachel Glandorf to Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium on Monday night. When they got to the field, “Will You Marry Me?” was on the stadium’s giant high definition scoreboard screen.
When she turned around, McCoy was on his knee to propose.
She said yes.
McCoy injured his right throwing shoulder in the Longhorns’ 37-21 loss to Alabama in the national championship game last week. The NCAA career leader in victories (45) as a starting quarterback is expected to be taken in April’s NFL draft.
Unfortunately McCoy could not complete the entire proposal, and Garrett Gilbert was brought in to finish.
So with McCoy marrying a Baylor girl, will this unite the two factions, as with European royalty? That is unclear. However, if the happy couple is looking for a wedding site, may I suggest the Bill and Eva Williams Bear Habitat?
Enjoy your newlywed months as an Oakland Raiders wife, Rachel.
Colt McCoy gets engaged on Texas football field [Dallas Morning News]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronkowski 'probably' needs back surgery, too
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness