Jan 12, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
We haven’t heard a heck of a lot from Usain Bolt since he burst onto the scene in 2008, winning three gold medals at the Beijing Olympics and three more at the 2009 World Championships in Berlin. If he were American he’d be everywhere; on cereal boxes, Subway commercials with Jared, and chatting with the women on The View. But the only promotion he’s really done is a couple of spots for the Jamaican Board of Tourism. Oh, and his agent also turned down a match race with the Tennessee Titans’ Chris Johnson. How dare Bolt show so much understatement and integrity?
And so, the Japanese are left to fill the Usain Bolt entertainment gap. Witness this video taken from a show called Kinchan and Katori Shingo’s All Japan Costume Grand Prix. Get out of my way, all of you! This is no place for loafers.
Video following the jump.
Well, actually, Bolt has done The Jimmy Fallon Show. Will he add a racewalking gold medal in 2012?
The Japanese Version of Usain Bolt is Bizarre, Politically Incorrect [The Last Angry Fan]
Bolt stars in new Jamaica ad campaign [Breaking Travel News]
Bolt’s agent: No decision on CWG [The Times of India]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team