Jan 7, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT
If you’re ordering pie for tonight’s big showdown between Texas and Alabama, chances are it won’t be from Domino’s; their new commercials were lampooned rather mercilessly on The Colbert Report last night. As for me, I’ll still be eating dry toast, trying to get over this flu bug. It also makes me a little queasy realizing that there’s still college football being played on Jan. 7. I come from a simpler time, when the games were over on New Year’s Day and Beef ‘O’ Brady’s was not part of the amateur sports conversation.
So, who ya got? Our own Jelisa Catsrodale will examine this in depth a little later today, but for my money you can’t bet against Texas. Not when they have fans like this. The video has been taken down, but there’s a pretty good description of the mayhem.
Thursday comes in like a lion, and goes out like a slightly smaller lion. Let’s go.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT …
What you missed during a fit of hamburger rage …
* Mayweather-Pacquiao fight officially succumbs to acute asshattery.
* What’s lamer than an Eagles employee spitting on the Dallas star? Later apologizing for it.
* No. 1 Kansas staves off the Cornell juggernaut.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Sadly, he had gone in to get his tonsils out.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger