Jan 7, 2010, 1:30 PM EST
In the most horrifying pole dancing incident since the 2009 Teen Choice Awards, a woman is suing a New York fitness center for injuries she said she incurred while taking a pole dancing class. Sue Ann Wee says that she slid down the pole and hurt her shoulders, and wants unspecified cash. Evidently she thought she was on her way to a fire. How many times do we have to explain this? Pole dancing should only be attempted by professionals; and then only while stripping. Amateur pole dancing usually ends in litigation and shame.
Sue Ann Wee filed a lawsuit last week against the companies that run the Crunch fitness center chain. Lawyer Nicholas Warywoda says Wee seriously hurt both her shoulders when she slid down a pole and fell onto the floor while taking a Crunch pole-dancing class in June.
Warywoda says Wee told an instructor she couldn’t hold herself up during an upside-down maneuver, but the instructor didn’t help her.
Wee is seeking unspecified damages. She says the gym chain didn’t supervise the pole-dancing class properly.
Pardon my shock, but I come from a simpler time, when women were nurturing caregivers, and had no time for pole dancing or leaving their children in the car for tanning sessions. The stripper pole, she is a cruel mistress. It is not a toy.
Woman sues NYC gym over pole-dancing class injury [The Buffalo News]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found