Jan 4, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
How far would you go to win a gold medal for your country? Hurdler Jana Rawlinson must really love Australia, because she had her fake boobs removed in order to have a better chance in the 2012 Games. Links to before and after photos following the jump. Meanwhile, she’s also having one boob replaced; her husband. Great graph from the Australian Sunday Times:
Olympic hurdler Jana Rawlinson is preparing to remarry her husband Chris, just as soon as their divorce is finalised.
Rawlinson won the 400m hurdles at the 2003 Paris and 2007 Osaka world championships, and won the same event at the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games.
“I absolutely loved having bigger boobs, but finally I’ve grown up enough to know myself; to be honest about who I am when I look in the mirror,” Rawlinson told the Woman’s Day magazine.
“I don’t want to short-change Australia either — I want to feel the most athletic I can, to know that I’m standing on the track in London the fittest I can be.”
“When I looked in the mirror I just saw muscled arms, broad shoulders and big, strong legs,” she said. “These are assets I need to run well, but they didn?t make me feel like an attractive woman.
“There are a couple of girls — who I won’t name — in world athletics who are Olympic champions, but they look like men and I don’t want to be like that.”
Rawlinson, with boob job, here.
This is a complicated woman, as they say. After dumping her husband for unknown reasons, she now wants him back after discovering that he had been seeing another woman.
“I knew instantly I was about to lose my husband forever, and I’d already worked out I didn’t want that,” Rawlinson has told Woman’s Day. “I felt sick at the thought of him with anyone else.”
As for the boob job, I just don’t understand how in this day and age we have not yet invented retractable breasts. The human body should be as versatile as The Skydome, or at least the Reebok Pump.
Jana Rawlinson has boob job reversed [Courier Mail]
Jana Rawlinson to remarry husband when divorce finalised [Perth Now]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges