Dec 30, 2009, 4:00 PM EDT
Listen, in 19 years we’re all going to be dead anyway, so what’s the difference? But before we perish I thought you’d want to know that Tiger Woods and his alleged mistress No. 1, Rachel Uchitel, have been spotted at a swanky mansion party in Palm Beach recently, and were — steady now — holding hands. This according to Entertainment Tonight, via the New York Daily News. So that’s good; I was afraid that Tiger would be alone on New Year’s.
It all fits, I guess, because Uchitel has been seen wandering in and around Palm Beach recently, which also happens to be where Tiger has his yacht docked. An ironic phrase, to be sure, considering that Entertainment Tonight also is reporting that Tiger and Rachel are “shacking up” on the boat.
From the Daily News:
Woods and Uchitel were rumored to be holding hands as they mixed with about 300 guests at a party in a private mansion in Palm Beach.
They were also spotted partying together in the ritzy enclave, at the Everglades Club, on Saturday night, Entertainment Tonight reports.
Some sources went even further, telling ET that the rumored paramours were living together aboard Woods’ yacht, Privacy, which is reportedly docked in Palm Beach.
At this point in the saga I’m treating these reports like sightings of Sasquatch; I’m going to need to see photos. Plaster casts of high-heeled footprints near the starboard bow of Tiger’s yacht just aren’t going to convince me.
Meanwhile, Furman Bisher, a retired sports journalist who worked for the Atlanta Journal Constitution and has written for the Sporting News and Sports Illustrated, is reporting on his blog that Woods flew to Arizona for reconstructive surgery soon after Elin Nordegren hit him in the face with a golf club on Thanksgiving night. That’s why, says the source, Woods was unavailable to talk to police. Bisher says he got the information from a colleague of Woods’ agent, Mark Steinberg.
From Bisher’s blog:
Tiger sat down in a chair in the living room, and Elin sat across from him urging Tiger to just come clean. Tiger stayed to his guns and denied everything. At one point Tiger turned away to look at the TV, and as he turned back, Elin hit him on the right side of the face with the head of a 9 – iron. When she struck Tiger, she put a huge gash in the right side of his face next to his nose (causing his nose to bruise some), and virtually knocking two of his upper teeth out, and breaking the bone on the upper right side. Tiger ran scared as hell out of the house (which is why he had on no shoes) with Elin swinging the golf club throughout the hallway to the garage.
Some say, however, that Bisher was the victim of an Internet hoax. Hard to figure that a young man of 91 would be fooled in such a way.
Tiger Woods and Rachel Uchitel spotted partying together in Palm Beach — report [New York Daily News]
Is Tiger Woods still playing around with Rachel Uchitel? [London Daily Mail]
Updated inside story on Tiger Woods [Bisher Unleashed]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner