Dec 29, 2009, 12:00 PM EDT
What’s the statute of limitations for asshattery? Apparently there isn’t one in Brooklyn, where baseball fans are still holding a grudge over the Dodgers leaving town 52 years ago. Meet Marcos Esteban, 38, who threatened to kill a stranger in a Brooklyn restaurant — with a box cutter — for wearing an LA Dodgers cap. Very odd, seeing that Esteban was born 14 years after the team left town. Good thing I didn’t wear my USA cap while visiting England for Christmas. There could have been trouble.
For the record, I’m still very upset over this.
Why did Pangea have to fracture and form several smaller continents? Unfortunately, my Committee to Reform the Supercontinent has gained little traction. From the New York Post:
Esteban confronted the man in a Fort Greene restaurant on Myrtle Avenue near Skillman Street at about 12:30 a.m. Sunday, sources said.
During the ensuing argument, Esteban allegedly menaced the man with a boxcutter — and when the man said he was calling the cops, Esteban vowed to kill him.
Also, from readers:
* Good thing I didn’t wear my Colts hat while visiting Baltimore.
* Good thing I didn’t wear my Texas cap while visiting Mexico.
* Luckily I didn’t wear my Dallas Stars jersey while visiting Minnesota.
‘Death threat’ over Dodger cap way off base [New York Post]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found