Dec 29, 2009, 11:00 AM EDT
With gossip sites taking aim at pro athletes more and more these days (see: Tiger Woods), it’s only natural that there would be some backlash. But we didn’t expect one of the first volleys to be from the Cincinnati Ben-Gals, did we? One member of that intrepid group, known only as Sarah J., is suing The Dirty.com over a story the site ran which claimed, among other things, that Sarah’s boyfriend gave her STDs. (She’s not pictured here … at least I don’t think she is).
Not nice, The Dirty.com! Bad form!
I suppose that the photo of Sarah J. is relatively safe for work, but as far as the story itself, you’ll have to seek out The Dirty on your own to check it out. Of particular amusement to me is Nik Richie’s printed claim that “all high school teachers are freaks in the sack,” which just proves that he never went to my high school and saw my teachers. Unless he was talking about literal freaks and actual sacks.
From the Phoenix New Times (The Dirty’s founder, Nik Richie — real name Hooman Karamian — is from Scottsdale):
In a post on Karamian’s Web site, Thedirty.com, a story was posted on December 7 with the title “The Dirty Bengals Cheerleader.”
A lawsuit filed against Richie and his Web site notes that the post includes a picture of a Cincinnati Bengals cheerleader, identified in the post as “Sarah J,” with the claim that her ex-boyfriend, “Nate,” cheated on her with more than 50 women and tested positive several times for chlamydia and gonorrhea. The author of the post suggests that “Nate” gave the diseases to “Sarah J.”
As if a few pesky STDs weren’t enough, the post also claims that “Sarah J,” who is also a schoolteacher in Northern Kentucky, had sex with “Nate” in her classroom at her Dixie Heights, Kentucky, school, the suit notes.
“Sarah J” is seeking unspecified damages
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte