Dec 28, 2009, 6:20 PM EST
While exciting, I usually wouldn’t post about a racing wipeout because they’re fairly common. Except that this one — during an off-road National Championship rally race in Chile — involves spectators being knocked over like bowling pins. And not only does driver Jody Cerrone pick up the spare when he fails to negotiate a curve in the mountainous track, but he then does something truly unexpected. He speeds off to finish the race.
That’s called joining the pit crew involuntarily (fat guys make for the best traction when trying to get back onto the roadway). Video following the jump.
From Tru TV:
Waiting for Cerrone at the finish line: Lots of cops. Hey, at least he pulled forward to free the people pinned under the car before he sped off. That’s got to count for something.
Off Road Rally Race Accident [TruTV]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found