Dec 21, 2009, 10:10 AM EDT
Reportedly furious that her husband has not entered rehab as he promised, and hey! Who ate all the Lucky Charms?!, Elin Nordegren is taking off the kid gloves. She’s allegedly levying divorce demands that will make a Thanksgiving night golf club beating seem like a day at the beach. Oh, and speaking of a day at the beach, Tiger Woods is heading to the Bahamas on his yacht at this hour. Merry Christmas!
London’s News of the World is reporting that Elin has decided to demand half of Tiger’s fortune — which would be half of somewhere between $600 million and $900 million, depending on whom you believe — and full custody of the couple’s two children. Meanwhile, the former Swedish model is headed to her homeland with the kids for Christmas, according to reports. She rolled out of Orlando today in a motorcade that included a police escort. What, no air support?
A close pal of Elin, 34, told us: “Tiger was supposed to be working on getting better and he hasn’t done anything. Instead he just went to stay with a friend in Maryland and says he’s ‘trying to get better on his own’.
“Elin is livid he hasn’t checked into rehab and gotten himself off his drugs. He’s acting like a big baby.
Nordegren — who has hired high-powered Hollywood divorce lawyer Sorrell Trope to shoot for as much as half of Woods’ fortune — plans to spend Christmas in seclusion with the kids.
Meanwhile, People Magazine reports that Woods’ yacht, Privacy, left North Palm Beach and is heading to the Bahamas with Woods and several golfer friends. It’s unclear as to whether any babes are aboard. If Tiger goes ashore, it’s a good bet he’ll be staying here.
Elin’s out to mashie Tiger Woods’ niblick [News of the World]
Tiger’s wife eyes full custody, half of his $600M [New York Post]
Source: Tiger Woods sets sail from Florida [People]
Elin Nordegren to spend holidays in Sweden without Tiger [People]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL