Dec 18, 2009, 3:30 PM EST
Take this for what it’s worth: People magazine is reporting that Tiger’s mother, Kultida Woods, has ‘told a friend’ that she is hurt and disappointed by her son’s actions, and “wants to know how he could do this to his family.” Yes, I would imagine that would be her reaction; my mother would have beaten me severely with a canoe paddle by now. If I were going to make up mom quotes and sell them to a magazine, those are just the ones I’d go with. But on the chance that these are genuine Kultida Woods reactions — hey, they could be — here ya go.
“[She] is hurt, angry and disappointed in Tiger,” the friend says. “She wants to know how he could do this to his family.”
But the elder Woods hasn’t turned her back on her famous son, according to the source: “She loves him and will support him through anything, but she needs some time to work through this.”
“It was devastating to her. She likes Elin, and adores her grandchildren. She’s worried about them. She doesn’t want to see them hurt,” says the family friend.
Meanwhile, watchmaker Tag Heuer announced today that they are officially out of the Tiger Woods business.
On Friday the CEO of the company told the Swiss paper Le Matin, “We recognize Tiger Woods as a great sportsman but we have to take account of the sensitivity of some consumers in relation to recent events.”
When the Swiss bail on you, it’s really over. They didn’t even take sides against Hitler.
Source: Tiger’s mother is ‘angry and disappointed’ [People]
Tiger Woods dropped by Tag Heuer [Radar Online]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found