Dec 17, 2009, 2:25 PM EDT
If you’re like me, you’ve got some cash burning a hole in your pocket and nowhere to place that Tiger Woods divorce prop bet. But hey, we’re in luck: A couple of enterprising bookmakers are now taking those wagers. First, here’s the British firm William Hill, which is giving odds on how much of Tiger’s loot Elin Nordegren will scoop up in the divorce. You can currently get 25-1 odds that Nordegren will receive more than half a billion dollars, but it drops to 6-4 for a settlement of below $100 million. It’s 1-2 for between $100 million and $500 million.
Meanwhile, notorious Irish online bookmaker Paddy Power is taking wagers on with which woman Tiger will spend Christmas … and Elin is not the favorite.
That would be Kultida Woods, who is currently a 2/5 favorite to be whipping up some of Tiger’s favorite recipes of Christmas Eve. Others on the short list:
Jessica Simpson (!) … 16/1
Rachel Uchitel … 18/1
Kalika Moquin … 25/1
Julie Postle … 40/1
Cori Rist … 33/1
Oprah … 100/1
Me at betting window: “$20 on Oprah to show.”
Paddy Power is also offering odds on where Tiger will spend Christmas. As you can see, Belize is 12-1, while the North Pole is 100-1. Yep. He may be planning to lease Superman’s Fortress of Solitude.
Meanwhile, over at Hill:
William Hill spokesman Rupert Adams said the company had been taking bets on whether or not the couple would get divorced at all, but took the market down because it was too one-sided with people betting on divorce. Hill also had bets on how many women would come forward as alleged mistresses, but Adams said that was too difficult to verify.
None of the bets, though, have been for much money.
“People are putting on small bets, probably so they can have a giggle in the pub and show their mate a betting slip,” Adams said. “It’s not vast sums of money.”
Oh, and you can also bet on when Woods will return to golf.
Two other British bookmakers, Ladbrokes and Coral, are only taking bets on Woods as a golfer, saying they wanted to stay away from his personal problems.
“We did think about it, but we tend not to go down there,” Coral spokesman Gary Burton said.
Ladbrokes is only taking bets on whether or not Woods, with 14 major titles, will break Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 — and the odds on that are getting longer.
“He’s 2-5 to break the record, 23-1 not to,” Weinberg said. “We were as short as 1-20.”
Coral is taking bets on whether Woods will play at the Masters, the first major of the year, in April. Two weeks ago, they were giving 9-2 odds that he would miss the tournament at Augusta. That’s been cut to 11-10 because of the mounting scandal.
Tiger Woods Likely To Spend Christmas With A Woman But Not His Wife Elin Nordegren According To Paddy Power Odds [OLBG Betting News]
Where will Tiger spend Christmas? [Paddy Power]
British bookies taking bets of Woods divorce [Seattle Times]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Play Video: LeBron: 'I just made a layup'
- Play Video: Vikings enhance home-field advantage
- Play Video: Monaco Grand Prix is like no other
- Play Video: Kerr: LeBron vs. Jordan comes down to rings
- Play Video: Soft and supersoft tires being used in Monaco
- Play Video: Sens' coach refuses to take questions