Dec 16, 2009, 2:00 PM EDT
Sure, everyone is concerned about Tiger Woods and his wife and kids right now. But does anyone ever stop to think how all of this will effect Sting? Who is the real victim here? SportsbyBrooks is reporting that Tiger Jam — the long-running Las Vegas charity concert held to benefit the Tiger Woods Foundation — has been canceled. Past Jams gave featured Stevie Wonder, Prince, Bon Jovi, The Goo-Goo Dolls, The Eagles, John Mellencamp, Celine Dion, LeAnn Rimes, Don Christina Aguilera, Seal, Babyface and VAN, as well as Kobe Bryant and Will Ferrell. But those in charge figure that turning Tiger loose in Vegas with those people just doesn’t seem like a good idea right now, apparently.
The 11th annual Tiger Jam was held this past May. From SportsbyBrooks:
When pressed on the reason for the cancellation, my source said, “think about it, do you think it’s a good idea right now for Tiger Woods to be raising money for charity in Vegas?”
Another example of the collateral damage done by Woods. His annual show was one of the highlights, if not the highlight on the Vegas concert calendar.
With the loss of millions in revenue from the concert series and the bad news about the golfer showing no signs of slowing, you wonder about the viability of Woods’ charity foundation going forward.
Meanwhile, someone who can stand to skip a few Tiger Jams, Charles Barkley, was featured in a Radar Online post today posing in a photograph with alleged Woods mistress Jamie Jungers.
In an exclusive interview with RadarOnline.com, Jungers, 26, says that during her tryst with the golfer, she often partied with Tiger and his “billionaire boys club” at Mansion at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas — which, among other A-list athletes, included top NBA player Charles Barkley.
“I gambled with him and Charles Barkley one night for hours,” Jamie told RadarOnline.com exclusively. “He played blackjack and I sat there with him [Tiger] while he played. He played $25,000 a hand or more and Charles played roulette behind us… he was playing several thousand himself.”
Barkley, a reported notorious gambler, apparently didn’t notice the serious flirtation happening between Woods and Jungers, who says Tiger managed to keep his attraction for her discreet in front of his celeb pals.
OK. Let’s go with that.
Does anything that happens in Vegas stay in Vegas anymore? That place is becoming a sieve.
Tiger Jammed: Vegas Charity Concert Canceled [SportsbyBrooks]
Exclusive: Tiger Woods mistress and Charles Barkley [Radar Online]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- Play Video: An early whistle takes goal away from Kings
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Chara bleeds after being struck by high-stick
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins comeback to win Game 3
- Play Video: The Office's Baumgartner shows off his golf game
- Play Video: Couture and Brown collide