The Ron Artest open letter to Tiger Woods is awesome

Dec 16, 2009, 10:30 AM EDT

Ron Artest said today that his open letter to Tiger Woods, which was posted on his blog today, was meant to buoy the golfer during his time of trouble. Entitled “A Letter to Tiger,” it is indeed poignant, if a bit disjointed and, let’s just say it, somewhat tipsy and nuts. Has Ron been in the halftime Hennessey again? The letter includes this great closing line:

Also if you are a sports announcer or regular everyday reporter or blogger please step up like Tiger and tell your wife or husband if you have any skeletons in your closet. Especially if you were one of the few attacking TIGER!!
One Love People

Admit my 17 mistresses and dangerous Ambien addiction? Never!
Too bad Tiger didn’t take the “One Love” motto to heart.

Artest, in Milwaukee today as the Lakers are preparing to play the Bucks, told the Associated Press that the letter was meant to encourage Woods, because Artest believes media coverage of Woods’ mistakes has been unfair.
Here’s the letter:

Dear Tiger,
In reading the statements you have made, I can tell you are a stand up guy. Please remember only Jesus is perfect. You made a mistake and you admitted your infidelity.

I have made the same mistakes. Before I got married to my wife, I had a baby with another young lady, after I already had two by my girlfriend who is now my wife. We also had another baby which makes three for us and four for me. Two boys and two girls.

My wife is a much better wife than I am a husband. We still argue and disagree after being together 16 years. and I still cope with the fact that there are so many women out there and I choose to stay loyal to my wife.

I want to be home every night, but with traveling I can’t, and sometimes I might want to go to a bar or club and be one of the fellas. Most of the time I stay in, because I have my kids and wife.

I cannot sit here and say the thought to have many women has never crossed my mind. If I were Jesus I could.

I have known my wife for 16 years- since I was 14 years old.

She was my first.

On the way to 2010 we had many ups and downs on the way, mostly my fault. But I really choose to work hard and play ball to support her and my kids. The same reason you are building your legacy.

I have been disturbed by this because there are many people who are happy that this bad news has come out.

There are a lot of sports announcers and regular reporters who are not perfect in their own homes, yet they want to bring you down.

You have done so much for people, the sport of golf, and your family and you gave your wife a life that people can’t even dream of.

I thought you were 36 or 37 until I read the news today. A 33-year-old man who has been a model citizen with so much at stake. This is your first publicly known issue since you started your career, compared to my 50 or more publicly known issues and mistakes.

You have been the perfect role model for me and my sons for longer than anyone I have known.

With the exception of a few legends.

As your fan, I can’t wait to see you golf again.

And us athletes know how much you personally love your family

One love,
Ron Artest

This is just a fan mail letter to Tiger Woods fans and indirectly to Tiger himself. Please, everyone support Tiger in these tough times for his family.

One Love People

Artest said Wednesday that Woods is still a perfect role model and that he would tell his sons nothing about Woods’ admissions because the golfer’s personal life is none of their business.
Side note: Artest is claiming that someone is hacking his Twitter page, and is rustling around in his email. Stop it, you guys!
***
My letter to Tiger [RA Therapy]

1. jszdunedin - Dec 17, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Ron Artest can be compassionate – this is not a surprise but it is good to see. I rate this a 10 out of 10 for one man trying to reach out to another. I am sure in another forum Ron can articulate himself and ideas better but this is not a bad effort.
    I too am rooting for Tiger. What he did is slimy but I can forgive him. I hope for the sake of his family Elin can forgive him too.

2. docb - Dec 17, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Thanks luis, The best comment on this page!

3. dealwithit - Dec 17, 2009 at 9:52 AM

What the hell is an anglo-american?

4. bigboi - Dec 17, 2009 at 9:57 AM

You have been a model citizen. So we thaught wait you had 14 mistresses over a span of 6 years. Model citizen right

5. mr body - Dec 17, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Ron is a BIG JERK but it was a nice letter for the most part.
    Tiger was wrong in what he did. The media is in shock because their has never been anything bad on Tiger. Remember it takes two, and all of these women who have come forward should not be paid for their story. You can destroy a family and you get paid to tell how you did it now that is just WRONG. I do not want to see these women on 20/20, or the Today show.Hey Tiger are you black now?

6. mr body - Dec 17, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Ron is a BIG JERK but it was a nice letter for the most part.

7. J-A-W-S - Dec 17, 2009 at 11:13 AM

so you believe tiger has been doing all of this and it’s just now coming out……..get a grip.
    we are talking about a guy who can’t go anywhere without being followed by the media and we are supposed to believe that not one reporter, tabloid has seen him in public with these women.
    now i’am not saying he didn’t anything because he is apologizing for a reason, but 17, 18 women…..come on “guys” think about it.
    I’m sure at least 1 of these women would have sold him out long ago when she didn’t get “everything” she wanted.

8. J-A-W-S - Dec 17, 2009 at 11:54 AM

“it’s the media’s job” , truer words have never been spoken.
    here is the problem, when you have a “job” that’s based on providing information to the public it’s not a job it’s a responsibility and it should not be taken lightly.
    no person of fame has ever loved the media, the media loves them because they help make the media’s “job” easy.
    we the public love drama & hate those who have what we only dream about having that’s why the media doesn’t report on positive stories, we don’t care about that…..give us the drama
    how about digging and finding the truth before reporting any at all, oh yeah it’s their “job” to show up with a mic & camera and & do what everybody else doing……job done.

9. EG79 - Dec 17, 2009 at 12:24 PM

So Tiger got busted out by the media about his indiscretions. He’s not the first athelete that had to fess up that he’s been cheating and he certainly won’t be the last. And I hardly doubt that his career is ruined as a result of his affairs. Tiger, just like Kobe, A-Rod, Vick, etc, will comeback full force and reclaim his spot at the top. The advertisers will comeback and the media will once again sing his praises. I’m not saying that I’m happy with Tiger’s choices (guys and yes, ladies too…if you know that holy matrimony isn’t your cup of tea, don’t put a ring on it!) but from a business perspective, Tiger is worth some serious cash. And at the end of the day, it’s always about the Benjamins.

10. J-A-W-S - Dec 17, 2009 at 12:33 PM

those who have done wrong should only be judged by those they have wronged, not by you. and your “cheating” 10 times doesn’t count as cheating if you were by “yourself” when you cheated…….LMAO

11. Ridingfinest - Dec 17, 2009 at 1:19 PM

First of all it’s not our place to forgive Tiger. It’s none of our business. This is between husband and wife. What goes on in his personal life should be left there. Him being a damn great golfer and him being a husband are two different people. We need to mind our own business. As for Ron Artest I think that was very nice of him to write this letter. What Tiger needs to remember is that “God don’t give you more than you can handle”. Tiger this to shall pass!

12. David - Dec 17, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Ron, you just moved yourself into Tiger’s realm. You are a classy guy and your words for Tiger touch us all…

13. Michael in FL - Dec 17, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Well, I am sure that Tiger was really sorry for the hurt he put his wife through, not to mention the alienation of his kids and what they have to go through. So sorry, in fact, that he is still in touch with at least one of the women he cheated with and is planning on getting together.
    Folks look, Tiger is a nice guy like most everyone is nice, in that we all have issues, and true it isnt right of the media to be hounding through all of this. However, all that Tiger has done, his fist pump, his comment earlier this year that he and his wife are just simple boring folk who like to watch TV, all that is manufactured image for his advertising career. Ifyou dont see it , your blind. the fact is the guy has some serious issues with anger, he treats his wife and his fans and about everyone else he knows with an equal disrespect and level of contempt.
    The guy has issues and isnt even close to the mental and emotional place he needs to be to cope with it all. Sad to see it but Tiger isnt the all world moral great that he was advertised to be and he isnt a complete slimeball either but probably a bit closer to the latter than the former.

14. Ed A - Dec 17, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Ron’s comments were totally unexpected. I agree with what he said. Yes, Tiger committed mistakes and he has admitted them. He has to live with the consequences of his actions. Who are we to condemn Tiger for his infidelities? He who has no sin, let him cast the first stone. Why are people reacting as if they were the ones who Tiger cheated on? This is an entirely private matter between Tiger and his wife.

15. ray de boer - Dec 18, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Tiger…you know you’ve hit rock bottom when Ron Artest and John Daly are getting laryngitis proclaiming that they “have your back”….who’s next….O.J. ?

16. POPS - Dec 18, 2009 at 12:07 PM

I understand the forgivers and haters. I just choose to see him as a great golfer with personal problems. I still want to see him play golf and don’t want to know or invade on his personal life.
    The black/white comments baffle me. He is a phenom, best in the world, of course everyone is on the band-wagon. He screwed up (no pun intended) and the media is piling on. It has nothing to do with race. He had women of all races throwing themselves at him or at least willing and he chose the one HE wanted that just happened to be white. Now me, I’m an average white guy – race doesn’t matter but I have much limited choices.

17. YVONNE - Dec 18, 2009 at 5:24 PM

RON ARTEST VERY WELL STATED. MAY I ADD ONE COMMENT “HE WHO IS WITHOUT SEND LET THAT PERSON THROW A STONE” I HAVE YET TO SEE A STONE THROWED. I AM NOT A TIGER FAN BUT THIS IS WAY OVER THE TOP ON HOW THE MEDIA IS GETTING OFF ON TIGERS DOWN FALL. HE HAS NOT MURDERED, RAPED OR MOLESTED ANYONE HE HAS BEEN UNFAITHFUL TO HIS SPOUSE!!!! UNFAITHFULNESS TO A SPOUSE LIKE SO MANY OTHER MARRIED MEN AND WOMEN IN THIS COUNTRY. WOULD ANY OF US WANT OUR PERSONAL BUSINESS SPREAD ALL OVER THE MEDIA LIKE THIS??? THIS MAN HAS CHILDREN LEAVE HIM ALONE LET HE AND HIS WIFE WORK THEIR PROBLEMS OUT. AT THE END OF THE DAY WHAT HE DID AFFECTS HIS FAMILY MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE!!!!

18. Rolling Stone - Dec 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM

praise the lord, get me some stones, my throwing arm is warming up.
    while you are collecting the stones, should you come across some Protease Inhibitors, Rocephin, Azithromycin, Benzathine penicillin, Famciclovir, and some condoms with instruction manual, I will sling them Tiggers way as well.
    Please include enough for his wife, both children, and of course the many other inhabitants of Tiger’s den.
    Sorry, if there any unfortunate infections of Hep B-G, cannot help there.