Dec 16, 2009, 9:20 AM EDT
Pittsburgh vs. Philadelphia + three fights within 16 seconds + Sidney Crosby, add ice. That equals a great tonic for all the Tiger Woods news, indeed. With the Steelers going nowhere, it’s a good thing that Pittsburgh has the Penguins around; what a juggernaut. I’ve never been a huge fan, but I have to admit, hockey is growing on me. How can you not like a sport that produces a paragraph such as this?:
The cross-state rivals hadn’t played since the Penguins accused the Flyers’ Scott Hartnell of biting defenseman Kris Letang’s finger during Pittsburgh’s 5-4 victory in Philadelphia on Oct. 8, and they picked up the rivalry as if that game had been played last week. There were fights between Arron Asham and Mike Rupp, Riley Cote and Eric Godard, and Dan Carcillo and Craig Adams in the first 5:33.
Sorry, Wednesday; Happy Pony is on. And I’m not missing Happy Pony.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT …
What you missed while donating to your favorite charity or newspaper. Um, what?
* College football: Central Michigan’s Butch Jones appears ready to take over at Cincinnati. Perhaps he can explain exactly where in nature one can find a “bearcat.”
* NFL: Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?
* College basketball: Bruce Pearl, three Tennessee coeds, a tailgate party. You do the math.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
What really happened in the Tiger Woods car crash …
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found