Dec 15, 2009, 1:30 PM EST
Today in our little blogdome playhouse, Kareem Abdul Jabbar plays classic Atari in Spanish, Jake Locker’s dad tells all, and did you notice that when he talks, Michael Irvin makes very little sense? But first, Bill Walton entertains and horrifies.
No! No! Bill Walton Rapping Video! Make It Stop! I know it is not long, but it was enough. [NESW Sports]
* Scott Locker Explains Why His Son, Jake, Decided To Return To Washington For Senior Season. “Well, I think it all goes back to, every time it gets to the subject of money, I tell people he’s not about that. I know it’s hard to believe when you’re talking millions of dollars, but he’s never been about that. When it does come to him, he’ll be happy with it, don’t get me wrong. It’s not as if he doesn’t want it in some instances, but it’s all about doing and being with your buddies. And you know, you can’t go back and redo college. You leave now and that part of your life is over, and I don’t think he was ready give that up and I don’t think he was ready to give up on the fact that he thinks this team has a chance to be really, really good.” [Sports Radio Interviews]
* Does Pele Speak Jive, Too? What do Pele, Kareem and Mario Andretti have in common? Well, they are all found in this early 1980s Atari commercial promoting Atari sports video games. Unfortunately, I have only located the Spanish version of the commercial, but that may be fortuitous because the dubbing makes the commercial even better, particularly Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s part. [Unprofessional Foul]
* When Michael Irvin talks, people listen (and continue to assume he’s a moron. Michael Irvin, three-time Super Bowl champion, Hall of Famer and current NFL Network talking head, recently stated on a conference call promoting NFL Network’s “Undefeated Week” that he would stand by his comments during an NFL Network studio show on Sunday that he would gladly trade his Super Bowl rings and Hall of Fame bust for an undefeated season. Say what? Is Irvin back on the rock? [Sportress of Blogitude]
* Carl of Aqua Teen Hunger Force is Bad at Picks. If you’re familiar with the show, you’ll love this clip, even though Carl picks the wrong team. [Daily Norseman]
* Lingerie Football League still going strong; women being bloodied But, there are those bloggers still doing God’s work by actually sending a photographer to capture the sweat, drama and, um, bloodied skin of the ladies who’ve managed to not get screwed over yet by the LFL. To Philly we go…… [The 700 Level, via Busted Coverage]
Are you blogworthy? If so, send your item to RickChand@Gmail.com, and our panel of experts will consider it for inclusion in our little blogdome playhouse.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found