Dec 14, 2009, 6:23 PM EDT
Remember when — it seems like years ago — Tiger Woods only had one mistress? It was a simpler time, when the world still made sense; when doctors made house calls and children rolled hoops down the street with sticks. Now that there’s a parade of alleged lovers, it’s fond to think back to Rachel Uchitel, and her denial-confirmation-retraction-lawyering up. Uchitel claims to want to be left alone, but there is nothing that says “Look at me!” like standing next to Gloria Allred’s vivid red dress. Ah, yes. We never really forget our first elicit affair, do we?
I guess because she was the first, Ms. Uchitel has been receiving the brunt of the ire from Woods fans who don’t like to see their idol dragged through the tabloids. TMZ is reporting that Uchitel has been receiving death threats. Come on people, cut it out. That **** ain’t funny.
Uchitel — the woman whose alleged affair ignited the Tiger Woods scandal — has been getting cell phone calls from people threatening to kill her. A number of people got her cell phone number by looking at a 2001 photo making the rounds with an old cell phone number displayed — a number that referred callers to her current cell phone.
We’re told several callers have threatened to hunt Uchitel down in New York and get her.
Of all the broads #ratpack linked to Woods, Uchitel has been through the most; she makes these other Jill-come-latelys look like amateurs. She’s rumored to be posing for Playboy. While others just plied Woods locally, Uchitel pursued Woods literally to the four corners of the globe, including Australia. Her background has been scrutinized, her whereabouts meticulously tracked. Then there are the persistent rumors of a payoff.
“In every story, you need a villain and a hero,” Uchitel told OK magazine. “I’ve been characterized as a villain. People have called me a homewrecker, gold-digger, tramp, whore. I make mistakes, but I’m not those things. I have very good qualities. When you’re judged by the nation it’s really difficult. It’s horrible.”
And now (alleged) death threats, including several to her Facebbok page, which had to be shut down. Are these legit, or an attempt by her to grab sympathy? We don’t know. It’s a mystery.
Tiger Woods Mistress Receiving Death Threats [TMZ]
Tiger Woods’ Rachel Uchitel gives her side of the story [OK]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte
- Play Video: Rask gives up gift goal
- Play Video: Highlights: Kings beat Sharks, take series lead
- Play Video: Highlights: Rangers stay alive with OT win
- Play Video: Toews sees the box three times
- Play Video: Highlights: Wings take 3-1 series lead over 'Hawks
- Play Video: Father of the year catches foul ball