Dec 14, 2009, 9:00 AM EST
Yes, I gotta admit that if this had happened in Philly, it’s all we’d be reading about today. As it is, Giants fans throwing loaded beer bottles at the Eagles’ DeSean Jackson only warrants a lowly spot on this guy’s Twitter page, and a couple of Philadelphia blogs. It happened in the third quarter of the Eagles’ 45-38 win last night, with Jackson scoring on a 60-yard pass from Donovan McNabb, and traveling the final few yards backwards into the end zone. A couple of Giants fans, unamused by the antics, launched two full beer bottles at Jackson.
Eagles fans have the bad rep, but their Giants counterparts can be just as loutish. As any fan of The Life and Times of Tim can tell you.
Monday, you mark that frame an eight, and you’re entering a world of pain.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT …
What you missed while assaulting your husband with uncooked meat …
* Prep football: Serra of Gardena upsets Oaks Christian 42-41 in CIF state playoffs in Nick Montana’s final high school game. Joe Montana unamused with his son’s 3 interceptions.
* NFL: No Jay Cutler, playoffs not yours.
* Bowling: A year ago, Tom Smallwood got laid off from his job as a GM assembly line worker. Today, he is the winner of the PBA World Championship. I like your style, Dude.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Oh all right, pelican; you can be the one to tell the news.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found