Dec 11, 2009, 4:04 PM EDT
When Moose-Lake Willow River puts the clamps on defensively, look out. The Minnesota varsity high school girls basketball team beat Wrenshall 65-0 on Thursday, thanks in part to smothering defensive pressure, plus the fact that Wrenshall missed 11 layups. Oops.
Key quote: Wrenshall coach Michelle Blanchard says she’s got a young, inexperienced team this year and on Thursday the “shots just weren’t going in.”
Moose Lake-Willow River coach Andrew Miller says he played his junior varsity players for nearly all of the second half, when his offense scored 25 points.
He says the Wrenshall team played hard the whole game and had chances to score. He reviewed the video tape and found they missed 11 layups.
Fun fact: Wrenshall (0-5) enjoyed a scorefest on Monday, losing 102-20 to Floodwood.
The New Jersey Nets could not be reached for comment.
Wrenshall (Minn.) girls hoops team blanked in 65-0 loss [USA Today]
Prep Report: Moose Lake-Willow River routs Wrenshall 65-0 in girls basketball [Duluth News Tribune]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found