Dec 11, 2009, 7:00 PM EDT
I don’t know how to say this so I’m just going to say it; Pat the Patriot, beloved mascot of the New England Patriots and inspiration to Boston-area children since 1960, has been arrested in a prostitution sting. But it gets worse: Evidently Pat was caught answering a naughty ad on Craigslist. Placed by a policeman in Rhode Island.
Rumor has it that local prostitutes called Pat by his other nickname, “The Revolutionary Minuteman.” They did not mean it as a compliment.
Law enforcement sources told NBC 10 one of the johns who tried to pay for sex with a prostitute was 47-year-old Robert Sormanti of Warwick. He is one of several people who plays the Pat the Patriot mascot.
“The Pat Patriot mascot costume is worn by multiple people, each of whom are held responsible and accountable for their actions. The individual in question has been suspended. The mascot responsibilities will continue to be fulfilled by others,” said a statement from the team.
Sormanti was one of eight johns arrested in the sting, and is one of several people who play Pat the Patriot. Who knows precisely what’s been going on in that costume since he’s occupied it?
As if a team mascot doesn’t have it bad enough; now the other people who wear the Pat costume are going to have to hear it from drunken Boston fans for the rest of eternity. Two more regular-season home games, including Sunday vs. Carolina. Get your signs ready.
Man who plays Patriots mascot arrested in prostitution sting [Turn to 10.com]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found