Dec 11, 2009, 10:00 AM EST
I’ve always said that Chad Ochocinco is one whack in the head and a couple of tattoos from being Dennis Rodman, and I don’t mean that in a good way. In ten years he’ll be appearing at local card shows with a table adjacent to Pete Rose, signing copies of his latest straight-to-video action movie and leaving early to get to Florida Tuskers practice. As you may have heard by now, the former Chad Javon Johnson is considering yet another name change. And because it was done on a whim — like everything in his life — there may be a couple of problems with it.
Apparently a Japanese news crew was filming a Bengals practice recently and Ocho asked them what the Japanese translation of “85″ was, and they told him it was “Hachi Go.” Actually that means “8-5″ in Japanese, but whatever; Ocho announced on UStream that he’s changing his name to Chad Hachi Go.
First problem: Roger Goodell is going to be unamused with this plan. Second problem: The Read and React blog did a little further research, and came up with some interesting facts:
I also discovered this Urban Dictionary definition:
Japanese for 85, “haci” is 8, and “Go” is 5. Refers to the AE85 Corolla/Levin Toyota car of the 80′s. Popular for it’s RWD features and drift setup.
So, essentially Chad is planning on naming himself after a crappy 1985 Toyota Corolla. Sounds like a plan.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found