Dec 10, 2009, 1:00 PM EDT
This video of a German soccer goalie running behind a stadium advertising barrier to take a leak — while the game is going on — is pretty amusing. OK, not as amusing as this, but it’ll do for a Thursday.
Well, hopefully this ref was working the game.
Video following the jump.
The player in question is ex-German national team goalkeeper Jens Lehmann, and he’s never been known for his impeccable timing. Lehman, who plays for Stuttgart of the Champions League, landed himself in hot water, so to speak, recently when he criticized his bosses for firing coach Markus Babbel.
“There was a certain bunch of fans, most of whom are just going through puberty, and that’s what influenced the club in making certain decisions,” Lehmann told German channel Sky.
Lehmann is scheduled to retire at the end of the season. That explains a lot.
German Soccer Goalie Goes All Joe Paterno On Us [SportsbyBrooks]
Lehmann in hot water for slamming Stuttgart bosses [AFP]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found