Dec 8, 2009, 11:20 AM EDT
Elin Nordegren: Smarter than we thought? According to NBC London, Tiger Woods’ beleaguered wife purchased a $2.5 million home in Sweden in negotiations that began “two months ago,” apparently in her own name and that of her twin sister. Could it be that Elin discovered her husband’s (alleged!) philandering ways long before anyone thought she did?
As we all learned in Beowulf, you don’t mess with Nordic women. They will kick your ass in every conceivable way.
Nordegren is said to have packed up the kids and moved out of the Orlando home she shared with Woods, and is supposedly now living in another home nearby.
Hakam Andreasson of Aftonbladet, a Stockholm newspaper, confirmed that Elin and her sister purchased the property on the Stockholm archipeligo of Faglaro. Negotiations began about 2 months ago and were finalized on December 1st.
From the New York Daily News:
Her Swedish getaway is located on some prime Scandinavian real estate — a small, secluded island reachable from Stockholm only by ferryboat.
Or, you know, by simply walking across the ice nine months out of the year.
“It belonged to a professional soccer player who wanted privacy,” Linge said. “I heard she started looking at it last summer and bought it two weeks ago.”
What can we deduce from this? Just speaking for myself, I believe that Elin devised an exit strategy the minute she discovered that Tiger was cavorting with floozies. She got the kids, money, a house in Sweden and got to bend a golf club over Tiger’s head. She got it all.
Meanwhile, the woman transported to the hospital from Tiger Woods’ Orlando home (or nearby) was identified as Barbro Holmberg, Nordegren’s mother who arrived in Florida on Friday. Television station WESH reports that she was admitted to the hospital with stomach pains.
A black Cadillac Escalade with Elin Nordegren inside was seen arriving at the hospital after the ambulance, and she was later seen leaving in the same vehicle. The license tag on the vehicle had a similar registration to that of the vehicle involved in the crash.
Elin Nordegren buys Swedish mansion after Tiger Woods is linked to porn star Holly Sampson, 6 others [New York Daily News]
Tiger Woods mother-in-law hospitalized [WESH]
Woods’ mother-in-law hospitalized, is stable [MSNBC]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness