Dec 7, 2009, 2:00 PM EST
As yet more women line up to tell sordid tales of their alleged affairs with Tiger Woods, I am reminded of this line from A Night at the Opera: When the manicurist enters Groucho’s cabin and asks how he wants his nails, Grouch replies, “You better make them short, it’s getting kind of crowded in here.” And so Woods may be seeking the ultimate answer in an attempt to save his war-torn image; an appearance on Oprah Winfrey’s talk show. (It would have been Larry King, but the host could not provide solid assurances that he wouldn’t doze off).
From the Herald:
Tiger Woods, whose aversion to intimate revelations is legendary, is considering an invitation to appear on the sofa of talk show queen Oprah Winfrey.
For the interview to work — quite possibly with Elin Nordegren, the wife on whom he cheated, by his side — Woods, 33, would have to engage in the sort of public confessional that has been anathema to him.
His minders have not granted such access since a 1997 interview with men’s magazine GQ backfired after he was quoted telling dirty and racial jokes.
The Oprah strategy is under discussion in Camp Tiger as a series of tawdry new claims emerge about Woods’ alleged infidelities after he admitted unspecified ”transgressions” and ”sins” last week.
And how about this: Alleged Tiger mistress Jaimee Grubbs in an actual Tiger costume. You’re welcome.
Tiger Woods urged to confess all to Oprah Winfrey as allegations of a sixth mistress emerges [Daily Mirror]
Tiger ponder Oprah option [The Sydney Morning Herald]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found