Dec 7, 2009, 9:00 AM EST
It’s one thing to be photographed crying after a game, but it’s quite another to have the tears actually flow down through your eye black Bible verse. How can anyone help but have empathy for Tim Tebow, who watched his Florida team lose its quest for perfection on Saturday to Alabama? Here is Sports by Brooks’ Cartman-like reaction to Tebow’s post-game Tears of Unfathomable Sadness, in Photoshop form. Brooks is a Georgia grad, so making this was a labor of love, I’m sure. The good thing about all of this is perhaps it will end the message-in-eye-black trend for good.
Groucho had the right idea: He wore his eye black above the eyes. Ah, hello Monday. As Groucho once said, “I never forget a face, but in your case I’d be willing to make an exception.”
ABOUT LAST NIGHT …
What you missed while putting up the world’s best Christmas decoration …
* NFL: Lucy pulls back the football just as Charlie Brown attempts to kick a game-clinching field goal for the Redskins.
* NBA: Oden out for season with knee injury. Sad. Seemed inevitable though, didn’t it?
* After further review, Charlie Weis really wishes he hadn’t opened his yap about Pete Carroll’s living arrangements.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
SEC Championship Game, artist’s re-creation.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found