Paparazzi alert: Elin photos now worth $250,000, report says

Dec 3, 2009, 1:50 PM EDT

I know what you’ve been thinking during this whole Tiger Woods ordeal: “What about the paparazzi? How will this effect them?” Your concern over our hard-working photographer friends is well founded, but worry not. With reports swirling that Elin Nordegren has reworked their prenuptial agreement to the tune of several millions, news comes that freelance photographers will also certainly be enjoying a big payday out of this. According to The Daily Beast, word is already out among photographers that at good photo of Nordegren and her two children may fetch as much as $250,000 each to the right tabloid sources. And even a tip that leads to a Nordegren photo can earn the tipster as much as $100,000. If we weren’t through the looking glass before now, this must certainly be it.

Elin is herself considered a good asset. She’s never been a publicity hound or used her marriage to make money through self-help books, lecture series, or QVC makeup and jewelry lines. Rather, she’s just maintained a low profile and dedicated herself to being a spouse and mother. As opposed to some other celebrities, like Tom Cruise or Angelina Jolie, Elin has never pushed her kids into the public eye. So, now, if she is persuaded to stay, she knows little will be the same. Her quiet life is finished. A Los Angeles-based paparazzo told me that a photo of Elin and the children would fetch $250,000. Some agencies are offering $100,000 just for tips that pay off with photos.

Of course the only image I have here is that of Daily Bugle editor J. Jonah Jameson, flipping through Peter Parker’s photos and muttering: “Crap … crap … crap … where are those photos of Spider-Man you promised? Get out of my office.”
Yeah, Elin is getting some money to be sure, but she will also pay a hefty price for staying with her man. That little appearance at Stanford two weeks back? Mark that as her last worry-free public appearance. It’s Lady Di time from now on.
***
New details on Tiger’s prenup [The Daily Beast]

1. Skylar - Dec 3, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Erin probably ranks up there with Paul McCartney’s ex as far as marriage scams go. I am kind of shocked that this kind of crime still goes unpunished. It’s quite terrible for a man to find out that ever moment with his wife has been premeditated. There has to be some sort of compensation for enduring a scam marriage. I guess Tiger will just have to rely on old fashioned Karma.

2. eddiethekid - Dec 4, 2009 at 2:47 AM

Why would the paparazzi pay $250,000 for a photo of Elin and her
    kids when you get that at any golf match Tiger plays in?

3. kiwigolf - Dec 4, 2009 at 4:52 AM

How stupid are you? First of all her name is Elin not Erin. And to say that the whole marriage was premeditated? What do you base that on? Her behaviour untill now? He’s the one who did the dirty, so yeah expect her to make sure she’s covered when it happens again. As for karma, he can probably expect a little payback himself don’t you think?

4. ransomjackson - Dec 4, 2009 at 12:55 PM

And now…a Haiku…
    Caught cheating, Tiger,
    Hoping for a mulligan,
    Goes shopping for bling.

5. J P C - Dec 4, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Tiger should accept that his transgressions has caused the situation he’s in and move on. They’re relationship will never again be the same and trying to revive is fruitless. He is now negotiating from a very week position with no chance for a favorable result. If his wife wants a divorce and who could blame her, he would be better off accepting that and negotiating a settlement instead of trying to buy her to stay. As for the, children he will be with them as much as he is now with the yearly playing schedule he has. I feel for both of them.

6. YANKEES1996 - Dec 4, 2009 at 3:52 PM

JPC, Tiger admitted the transgressions and he is handling them with his family. I don’t think he should give up on his marriage because of this, but it will take hard work and honesty to repair. It is going to cause Tiger to have to look himself in the eye and admit that he has to do some growing up. He will have to realize that just because he is out on tour does not mean he is no longer married and responsible to his family. I do agree if his wife wants a divorce give it to her and make it as simple and easy as possible for the sake of the children. However, if Tiger is willing to work at it then she should be willing to do so also. I also don’t think that trying to save their marriage is “fruitless” but in todays throw away society everyone finds that quitting is the easiest thing to do, and that is ashame. If they do get a divorce I don’t believe there is a going to much negotiating required as they have a pre-nuptial agreement in place, the custody of the childern and child support payments would most assuredly being an area of concern.

7. Ron Hall - Dec 4, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Tiger probably has hundreds of women coming on to him all the time. Is it not possible a lack of judgement most likly caused him to involve himself to these homewrecking hard partying tramps. He was wrong and he has admitted his transgressions. I wonder how many high profile sports, political, and business people have strayed down a path that once they realize how much their family would be hurt woefully wished they hadn’t. This is really between Tiger and Elin. “Judge not lest ye be judged”.

8. Wilson - Dec 4, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Leave them alone and let them work on it alone. Take a look at your own life and try to imagene if it was under a microscope for the world to see. We all think we would like to have big money but not at the cost of having to live my life in front of T.V. cameras. No thank You. I will remain poor (?) but private. My feelings are for the Children. I’m sure I wouldn’t have wanted my parents laundry hung out for the world to see. Nor would my children want everything about there parents life on the 6 O’clock news!!!

9. yumbodee - Dec 4, 2009 at 9:42 PM

So now poor Tiger has 1 billion dollars minus 30 million. And we have pennies plus debt. And he has ordinary human spousal problems. Just like us ordinary mortals. Finally. And a billion dollars. And we are engrossed in his saga. And we are taking sides. And listening to analysts. And giving opinions. And receiving not a cent for our hard work of analyzing, opinionating, and side chosing. I like what Crocodile Dundee would say. “It ain’t none of my business. Who’s gonna hear me way up here in Sitka, Alaska? Me and Tiger, we’d be mates. Yeah. We both have been busted for cheatin’.”