Dec 1, 2009, 9:00 AM EST
So what’s going on here is that the Celtics’ Marquis Daniels (@lambo6) is apparently being the go-between, setting up a match race between teammate Rajon Rondo and the Titans’ Chris Johnson. Your move, ESPN. Where will the race be held? Will it include an obstacle course? Hopefully Berman is not involved.
Hard to imagine anyone beating Johnson in a footrace, but for overall team RPM you can’t beat the Saints right now. Belichick was like Wile E. Coyote, spending all week in his cave devising a rocket pack to be used while wearing skates, with predictable results (opens tiny parasol as boulder is about to fall on him). We’d give New Orleans the trophy now, except that the city deserves another two months to party.
I see that the ACME Corp. has sent me a large package … it must be the Tuesday I ordered. Let’s assemble it, shall we?
ABOUT LAST NIGHT …
What you missed while viewing an exhibit you didn’t expect at the Metropolitan Museum of Art …
* Caps beat Hurricanes 3-2, but Alex Ovechkin is injured in knee-to-knee collision. Why won’t NHL adopt knee helmets?
* Tomas Vokoun allows goal, gets whacked with stick by his own teammate. So you’ve had a bad day … (initial reports are that Vokoun is OK)
* Michael Vick gives anti-dogfighting talk at his old middle school, is grilled by students, gets detention.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
… and that’s how Jimmy Clausen got his black eye.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found