Nov 30, 2009, 2:30 PM EDT
It was in the film Zorro, the Gay Blade in which Bernardo, dressed as an aquatic animal, tries to sneak into to a costume party without an invitation, prompting the immortal line: “May I see your invitation, senor beaver?” Apparently it’s much easier to sneak into official White House functions, as seen pictured to the right.
That’s Michaele Salahi meeting the President, who got in without an invitation along with husband Tareq Salahi, causing all sorts of consternation with the Secret Service. But that’s not the only thing she’s crashed, according to TMZ.
Here’s a photo of Michaele Salahi posing as a member of the Redskins cheerleaders during halftime of a game in 2005. The problem is that the Redskins have no record of Salahi ever being a cheerleader.
Salahi had told people she was a member of the squad back in the ’90s, but team officials have no record proving her claim.
However, these photos make it clear she was successful at passing herself off as one — because the event she crashed was to honor Redskins cheerleader alumni.
We’re told Michaele and her husband, fellow crasher Tareq Salahi, had a private box at the stadium and invited some of the cheerleaders back to the their seats to hang out after the halftime performance.
There are worse impersonation crimes, to be sure: Such as fake doctor, fake airline pilot, or worst of all, fake woman. It’s a disorder, and there’s a clinical name for it, I’m sure. I’m sure my fake psychiatrist would know what it is.
The Salahis are trying to cash in on the White House thing, in case you haven’t heard. They’ve cancelled an appearance on Larry King and are shopping an interview for $500,000.
Obama Crasher Penetrated Redskins Defense [TMZ]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: National anthems gone wrong
- Play Video: Pujols losing battle with Father Time?