Nov 27, 2009, 11:00 AM EDT
Remember when Floyd Mayweather Jr. used to make it rain with actual $100 bills? Yeah, those were the days; when we all used to scamper from Vegas club to Vegas club hoping to catch a c-note or two in our beer glasses. (Hey! This one’s fake!).
Mayweather is still making it rain, apparently; but I guess it’s a sign of the times that he’s now doing it by credit card. And it’s by appointment only. Hey, can’t pass up those valuable airline mileage points.
We take you now to fabulous Las Vegas, where Mayweather and his entourage roll up to a high-end new car dealership.
Norm Clarke of the Las Vegas Review-Journal has the details.
Boxing champ Floyd Mayweather Jr., rolling up to Bozarth Chevrolet (Ann Road and U.S. Highway 95) near closing time last week in a new white Rolls Royce Coupe worth about $300,000. Tailing him were six vehicles carrying about 20 members of his entourage. Mayweather, with a lady friend at his side, informed the car dealership that he had 30 minutes to do a deal. Fifteen minutes later, the young woman picked out a gold Tahoe sport utility vehicle and Mayweather paid for it with a Visa black card, the kind that reportedly allows one to buy a small jet in a blink of an eye. Mayweather said he was in a hurry. He didn’t have time for a free gasoline fill-up, because he had to get ready for a big fight in a couple of months.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Highlights: Burkman shocks Fitch
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Gronk has successful surgery
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'