Nov 25, 2009, 9:00 AM EST
Of all the things you expected to see on television tonight, I’ll bet this is not one of them. Consider this your sneak preview of Jimmy Kimmel Live, and you’re welcome. Glazer was the referee, by the way, in a tetherball showdown between Charles Barkley and Kimmel, which was taped on Tuesday and I’m sure will be a ratings giant. I’ll be reading a book. Hope Jay’s ex-wife is OK.
I was never a big tetherball enthusiast to begin with; my game in grade school was four square. Tetherball was one-dimensional and favored the largest kids; but four square required strategy and guile. Working your way into the ‘A’ square was like pursuing the American dream: A man can start as a nobody in he back of the line, and by the end of recess, he can be ruler of the playground. Do they still have four square in elementary school, by the way? Or can you only play it on Wii?
And now it’s time to … wait! Is that Wednesday’s theme music I hear?
ABOUT LAST NIGHT …
What you missed while leaving your five-year-old son in the truck while you visit a strip club …
* Baylor freshman Brittney Griner becomes just seventh woman to dunk in a college basketball game. IOC demands gender testing.
* News we received via dog sled from the Frozen North: Canadiens 5, Blue Jackets 3.
* Nyrel Sevila is six, will lay you out.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Um, perhaps because he’s wearing a collar, with a tag that reads “I’m a pet.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found