Nov 23, 2009, 1:02 PM EDT
I don’t want to take this out of context, but did David Beckham recently say on Dan Patrick’s radio show that he wears his wife’s underwear? Does this occur during games?
As you no doubt know, Real Salt Lake beat the Los Angeles Galaxy on penalty kicks on Sunday to win the 2009 MLS Cup. But Beckham, talking to Patrick on Friday, seemed a lot more interested in discussing his wife Victoria’s insatiable appetite for sex, and their kinky dressup habits. Key quote: “You know, she said a few things in the past we really laugh about. About me, wearing her underwear or she’s called me Golden Balls on national TV.”
Victoria Beckham recently said that she’d rather have sex than sleep – DP asked Beckham if she was quoted correctly:
“Without a doubt. Of course, and I must admit, it definitely sounds like one of my wife’s quotes. She loves saying things like that. You know, she said a few things in the past we really laugh about. About me, wearing her underwear or she’s called me Golden Balls on national T.V. So, it definitely sounds like one of my wife’s quotes.”
Since I have just fully recovered from the disturbing “sex boosting beads” story of 2008, this comes as very disturbing news. The thought of Beckham is panties, wearing sex boosting beads while a tape of Real Salt Lake plays in the background is not my idea of fun.
On whether or not he was going to get any sleep before the big game on Sunday because Beckham was up in Seattle without his family:
“Well, she does arrive on Sunday morning, so you never know.”
And then finally on whether sleeping with Victoria was an injury hazard:
“I don’t know. I think everybody’s different. Everybody’s different. But no, I won’t see the family before the game because I’ll be focusing on the game. But I’ll see the boys and Victoria right after.
Other Beckham tidbits: He said he had never seen the type of aggressive play exhibited by New Mexico’s Elizabeth Lambert in a women’s soccer game recently … he’s working hard to get his ankle at 100 percent so that he can make the English team for the 2010 World Cup … he wants to return to the Galaxy next season … and on Thierry Henry’s handball in the Ireland-France match and the prospect of instant replay in the sport:
“It’s such a quick sport,” Beckham said. “To keep stopping games to look at video … there are so many mistakes and so many things being missed because the game is so quick.”
Bekcham said he doesn’t think Henry hit the ball with his hand on purpose.
“Thierry’s a good friend of mine as well and I know that he’s not that kind of player and not that kind of person. But I think it’s a kind of reaction. The ball comes to him so quick. I don’t think he’s done it to cheat. But you know, it happens.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL