Nov 20, 2009, 10:10 AM EDT
When worlds collide like this, all you can do is hold onto something sturdy and hope that you’re not sucked into some sort of black hole or space-time continuum. Apparently Marv Albert was roughed up by 50 Cent’s posse on Wednesday night in the backstage area of the Jimmy Kimmel Show in Los Angeles. What up, Fitty? Marv is down by law, dawg!
According to the Los Angeles Times, the trouble started when Albert arrived at the show (he was calling the Lakers-Bulls game on Thursday), and 50′s posse didn’t recognize the TNT broadcaster, who showed up with his publicist and apparently got too close to the rapper.
A scuffle ensued, and Marv apparently got pushed around a bit.
Didn’t recognize Marv? 50′s boys don’t hang out together and watch Wacky Sports Bloopers on Letterman?
As Albert arrived, with an entourage of one, TNT public relations specialist Jeff Pomeroy, there was a sudden scuffle when a multitude of 50 Cent protectors seemed unfamiliar with Albert. There was shouting (“It’s Marv Albert,” yelled a Kimmel show guard, a pronouncement that seemed to have no effect on the 50 Cent phalanx.) There were obscenities. A fist or two flying. A “Don’t you put your hands on me” pronouncement.
And finally Albert made it to his waiting room, relatively unruffled but slightly puzzled. “Did you see that?” Albert said. “I thought they were kidding, but then I realized they weren’t.”
But 50′s posse didn’t reckon on one thing. Suddenly Marv’s hairpiece flipped up, revealing a large bottle of pepper spray. Bodyguards scrambled for cover as Marv’s forehead unleashed its toxic payload, clearing his path. Needless to say, he was the first guest that night.
Marv Albert gets recognition from Jimmy Kimmel, but not everyone at show [LA Times]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: Craig Adams lays out Spezza in OT
- Play Video: Highlights: Senators win double overtime thriller
- Play Video: Boychuk gives Bruins lead in Game 2
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: Marchand strikes again