Nov 20, 2009, 9:00 AM EDT
Yes, Gilbert Arenas now has a Twitter page. But here’s the deal: He’s not going to actually start Twittering until he gets a million followers. After two days, he’s just a tad short, as you can see. Which prompted Dan Steinberg of DC Sports Bog to say:
If he can maintain this pace, he’ll reach a million followers in about two-and-a-half years, by which point no one will be using Twitter any more.
It’s an interesting concept, however, and I hope it catches on. I, for instance, may stop writing posts until I get a million readers. My million-reader march begins this evening at 5 p.m., ET, and will extend until Monday morning.
Until then, Cry ‘havoc,’ and let slip the dogs of Friday.
(About Last Night and Today in Mark Trail follow the jump).
ABOUT LAST NIGHT …
What you missed while out foraging for frozen waffles …
* If you started Ricky Williams in your fantasy league this week, please come up and collect your winnings.
* Lincecum wins second straight Cy Young. I’ll have what he’s smoking.
* If you can’t get stinking drunk, what’s the point of being a Jets fan?
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
The cattail can also be used to build a shelter to conceal yourself from German World War I flying aces, as seen in panel 2.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires