Nov 19, 2009, 5:00 PM EDT
If you’re planning on doing some tailgating on the Ole Miss campus on Saturday before the LSU football game, you might want to start a little later than usual. Unless, that is, you want to share your tri-tip with the Ku Klux Klan.
Nothing worse than opening your Weber grill and finding most of your barbecued wieners are missing. Damn it KKK, I know it was you! I see mustard on your hoods!
What was the University of Mississippi thinking when it approved a Klan rally from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturday on campus, with the LSU game scheduled for 3 that same afternoon? Most schools split their hate group gatherings and athletic events to separate days.
The Klan is gathering to protest the university’s decision to remove the song From Dixie With Love from the marching band’s play selection.
Fortunately, Klan leaders seem to be calm and measured about the whole thing.
“We aren’t coming there to cause problems or cause trouble,” said Shane Tate, the North Mississippi great titan for the Mississippi White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. “Trouble has already been caused by a handful at Ole Miss, including the black student body president, who wants to shape Ole Miss into yet another liberal sodomite college.”
I thought I spotted the school president carrying a looseleaf binder with the title “Secret Sodomy Plans.”
By the way, the song was banned by the university because students wouldn’t stop chanting “The South will rise again!” while it was playing. The administration’s preferred chant, “To hell with LSU!,” was largely ignored.
Look Klan, if the South hasn’t risen by now, it’s not going to. Forget about it and move on to your other activities.
There is nothing more distasteful than the extreme protest methods and hate speech of the Ku Klux Klan … or wait, I might be thinking of PETA. At any rate, I believe Bruce Pearl would agree with me.
We leave you now with this post on LSU’s Tiger Droppings message board:
a few years back I witnessed someone tagging an overpass with “KKK”. upon my return less than a week later The Tag was converted to BBKing. I regret i did not have any means of photographing the work
KKK planning rally in Miss. [The Daily Reveille]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights