Nov 19, 2009, 1:30 PM EDT
I know that many of you knock Larry King for a boring interview style and his decrepit appearance, but cut the man some slack. When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not. Anyway, you’ll be happy to know that the legacy is in capable hands.
From TMZ comes the news that King’s young son, 10-year-old Chance King, has been signed to host a sports talk show on Fox Sports Net which revolves around baseball. And directing the show will be none other than Tom Arnold.
I see no way this can end badly.
Larry tells TMZ Chance King recently penned a deal to host an upcoming TV show called “Kid Pitch” — which revolves around youngsters shooting the breeze about all things baseball … plus interviews with Major League Baseball players.
The show is set to start filming in February of next year — and due to Chance’s school schedule, we’re told he’ll have to hightail it to the set after his school day wraps.
We’re also told Larry’s 9-year-old son Cannon will make occasional appearances on the program — which will be directed by “Best Damn Sports Show Period” alum Tom Arnold.
Ha. You may remember King’s sons as the ones who leaned into the Dodger dugout this past season to tell the players that the Dodgers had just traded for pitcher Jon Garland — before Garland, who was in the Diamondbacks bullpen some yards away at the time — had even been notified. The kids learned of the trade on Twitter.
Anyway, I think we all know how rich and scintillating a sports talk show involving kids can be. ESPN tried it a couple of years ago, featuring a 10-year-old Jason Krause, who doled out NFL commentary in a special weekly segment while sitting on a bunk bed. The show was discontinued when Krause discovered girls. Hey, same as Steve Phillips!
Possible excerpt from the new Chase King Show:
“Bubble Yum or sunflower seeds? Yovani Gallardo will be here during the next hour to answer that question. CANOGA PARK, YOU’RE ON THE AIR.”
Larry King’s son scores a TV gig [TMZ]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Highlights: Burkman shocks Fitch
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Gronk has successful surgery
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'