Nov 18, 2009, 5:00 PM EST
Ladies and gents, here’s Miami radio personality Enrique Santos, who thought it might be fun this past Saturday night to try and crash Sammy Sosa’s birthday party at the Fontainebleau Hotel in brownface. Actually it looked like a generous helping of spray tan, or a bottle of Just For Men that went rogue.
At any rate, the guys working the entrance were not amused, and Santos got the bum’s rush. Sosa of course is embroiled in a skin-lightening controversy that has taken the world by storm in a sort of frenzied, balloon-boy fashion. Here’s Enrique on top, our Sammy below. It’s just too bad that this had to happen in Florida, where nothing weird ever occurs.
It might interest you to know that Santos, host of the Enrique Santos Show on Miami’s La Kalle 98.3, is a former cop. He talked with the Miami Herald about the stunt.
“I’m currently using a cream which has darkened my complexion,” Santos said snarkily. “Ironically, Sammy is going through the same process, but the cream he is using is making him white.”
While on the red carpet doing interviews, Santos was approached by a publicist who told him, “You can’t make fun of Sosa,” and eventually kicked him out of the affair.
“I asked her, `How many women in here are wearing makeup?’ but she wasn’t having it,” Santos told us. “Was I not white enough for Sammy’s party or have the millions gotten to his skin — I mean head?”
You know, I’m beginning to think that he was just out for cheap publicity.
A former Chicago Cubs representative has told the Chicago Tribune that Sosa’s new look is not a tribute to The Twilight Saga: New Moon, but actually a skin rejuvenation process that may or may not have run amok.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found