Nov 18, 2009, 2:00 PM EDT
I’m not sure I quite follow the logic here, but Sony Ericcson decided that the best way to promote its new T-Mobile Sony Equinox phone was to hire tennis diva Maria Sharapova to attend the opening of their new store in Canoga Park, Calif, and preside over a Maria Sharapova look-alike contest. All of which Sharapova herself described as “A little freaky.”
It’s like we’re looking at sextuplets! Am I right, folks? (Could Maria possibly look more uncomfortable?). So who do you think won? Answer, and a video of the event, following the jump.
Our winner is Courtney Witz (far left in photo), who wins “a night on the town” for her and five friends, including a spa treatment. We all thank her for taking time out from her starring role in NBC’s “Parks and Rec” to participate.
Actually the winner should have been OOBlog Tennis Girl, seen in the banner above and slightly to the right of Maria’s head. Although as I understand it, she’s standing on photographer.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4