Nov 11, 2009, 12:05 PM EDT
I know that a lot of you aren’t into PETA and their bare-knuckle tactics; and sure, sometimes their message gets lost in the hyperbole. But there’s no denying two things: They have the courage of their convictions (something that’s in short supply these days), and they give us hot naked chicks.
Really, how can you knock an organization that convinces October Gonzalez to let us see her nude?
Give credit where it’s due: PETA knows how to draw attention.
When one hears about the abuses that occur at factory fur farms, including animals being electrocuted and skinned alive, one has to wonder how Michael Vick is singled out for punishment and these other people get away free. Gonzalez and his wife did a photo shoot for the PETA fur ad because they strongly feel that the abuse must stop.
The Falcons’ tight end is one of the first NFL players to adopt a meat-free diet, and it says it’s done wonders for him.
On the many benefits of his vegan diet, Tony says, “I’m going into my 13th year in the NFL, and I switched over [to a plant-based diet] two years ago. … [T]he day after a game, everybody’s sore … and I’m jumping rope and they’re looking at me like, ‘Man you’re supposed to be the old guy on the team. You’re acting like you’re the youngest guy on the team.’”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him