Nov 9, 2009, 10:17 AM EDT
Maybe I’m late to the party with this, but from the very top row of the stadium on Saturday, it looked as if the Stanford Band had landed a very buxom drum majorette. On closer inspection, however, the truth was revealed. Oh well … back to the game.
Stanford 51, Oregon 42; thanks in no small part to the efforts of fake Hooters drum major, whose physical effort rivaled Cardinal running back Toby Gerhart’s. Still qualifies as Nightmare Fuel, however.
Look away, kids!
This photo was taken by yours truly during the band’s post-game celebration near the south end zone of Stanford Stadium. And if you’ve never seen a guy dressed as a Hooters waitress leading a band while the Stanford Tree frolics nearby, you’re welcome.
There’s been much wailing and rending of garments this week over the Ducks’ precipitous fall in the BCS standings; Oregon dropping to No. 13, while USC — which the Ducks pummeled in Eugene — settles in at No. 9. But if you had been to the game on Saturday, and had seen how Oregon couldn’t stop a single thing that Stanford wanted to do on offense, you’d wonder why the Ducks are even in the top 20.
A bunny could have hopped onto the playing field on Saturday and rushed for over 100 yards against Oregon. It was that embarrassing.
Anyway, with its sixth victory, Stanford is now bowl eligible for the first time in six years. Rock on, fake Hooters guy.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games